Dekko Interiors Ltd t/a Dekko Interiors Accessories
6 Mulberry Place
Telephone: 020 8294 2077
SECTION 1 - Who is collecting the data?
The Website is brought to you by Dekko Interiors Limited (Company number 7707415), whose registered office is at 6 Mulberry Place, Pinnell Road, London, SE9 6AR. Dekko Interiors Limited trading as Dekko Interiors Accessories is the “data controller” of any Personal Data it may collect, process and hold about you, unless we inform you otherwise. We believe it is important to protect your Personal Data and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy.
This Policy explains how we may collect Personal Data about you. You should read this policy in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
SECTION 2 - What Personal Data do we collect?
The Personal Data we collect from you directly can include:
- your name,
- email address,
- mobile/landline telephone number,
- your purchasing activity,
- your credit, or debit card or other payment information. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your payment data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- information you give us when you contact our customer services team,
- if you are using a mobile device and browsing our website, we may collect your IP address or other device identifier, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, lengths of visit to certain pages, and other portable device information required for your device to communicate with our website,
- marketing and communications data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences,
- information you give us when you engage with our social media platform ((by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly).
SECTION 3 - When do we collect your Personal Data?
- When you purchase products and services from us in store, online, or over the phone,
- When you contact us or we contact you to take part in surveys, competitions or promotions,
- When you contact our customer services team online or over the phone,
- When you engage with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly).
This site uses internet cookies. These are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer to improve the speed at which it can access pages of our website, thereby giving you a better browsing experience. These cookies do not record or store any personal details and are harmless to your computer. Should you not wish to store cookies on your computer from our website or any other, it is possible to change the settings on your web browser to prevent cookies from being stored. Please note that disabling cookies may reduce the performance of our website on your computer.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
How to disable cookies?
You can also take a look at the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org
SECTION 5 - What do we do with your information and what is our lawful basis for processing your Personal Data?
When you purchase something from our store, we collect the personal information you give us. Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
- to help us to identify you when you contact us,
- to fulfil/deliver orders placed by you,
- to contact you with any queries about your order,
- to process payment for your goods on dispatch,
- to obtain credit authorisation from your card issuer,
- to dispatch administration e-mails to you regarding your order,
- to allow you to create your account on our website which enables you to purchase our products and services online without having to fill in your Personal Data every time you shop online with us,
- to analyse your product preferences, e.g. information on products you have viewed, historical transactions and products you have added to your online basket which helps us to provide a browsing experience which is relevant to you,
- to allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information,
- to contact you with relevant information about us, our product and our services,
- to help to prevent and detect fraud or loss. We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. When we send you marketing material via SMS, and email, we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business, always ensuring that your rights are protected.
SECTION 6 - Who do we share your Personal Data with?
We will never sell any of your Personal Data to a third party. However, in order for us to provide our services to you, we share your Personal Data with our trusted third party service providers, for the objectives as detailed below.
Whenever we share your Personal Data, we put safeguards in place which require these organisations to keep your data safe and to ensure that they do not use your Personal Data for their own marketing purposes.
I. Third party service providers
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Other Third Party Service Providers
We work with a number of trusted service providers who carry out services on our behalf, so we are able:
- To fulfil orders for products and services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us, such as delivering goods that you bought or processing your payment. It is in our legitimate interests as a business to work with these service providers since we may not have the capabilities to provide these services ourselves. In each case, we will ensure that the service provider is only allowed to use your Personal Data in order to provide the services to us and for no other purpose.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- To prevent crime and comply with laws
We share your financial information including your credit, debit card or other payment information with third parties to ensure that your payment is safe and that your details are not being used fraudulently. This data sharing enables us to conduct fraud analysis which ensures that genuine and accurate payment details are provided to us for any purchase. We may share your Personal Data with credit agencies if you are requesting credit.
There may be other scenarios where we are subject to a legal obligation to share or disclose your Personal Data, such as with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime or fulfil a legal requirement.
II. Transfer of your Personal Data outside the EEA
We may need to transfer your Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) in circumstances where we work with a supplier which processes some of its Personal Data outside of the EEA.
If you would like further information, please contact us.
SECTION 7 - Your rights
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it. You are entitled to:
- have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way,
- access personal data we hold about you,
- require us to correct any mistakes in your Personal Data,
- require us to delete Personal Data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it,
- request that we transfer your Personal Data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format,
- object at any time to processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes,
- object to automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you,
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your Personal Data,
- otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances,
- complain about our use of your Personal Data to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – see SECTION 8 – “How can you raise a complaint about our use of your Personal Data?” below for more guidance.
SECTION 8 - How can you raise a complaint about our use of your Personal Data?
You can read more about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, in the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public.
You have the right to complain about our use of personal data to the ICO. You can do these by contacting the ICO via their website https://ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113.
If you would like to speak to us in relation to any of your rights, please contact us.
SECTION 9 - Consent
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
SECTION 10 - Changing your preferences and/or withdrawal of your consent
We want to ensure that all the information we have about our customers is factually correct and up to date. If you find that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name or address) then please contact us so that we can correct it. If you have created a profile on our website, you can change the details stored about you by logging into your Account.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us about our products or services, or for other marketing purposes, you can amend your preferences or withdraw your consent, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Dekko Interiors Ltd t/a Dekko Interiors Accessories, 6 Mulberry Place, Pinnell Road, London, SE9 6AR, United Kingdom.
Alternatively, if you have a profile on our website, you can unsubscribe by logging into your Account, or simply follow the unsubscribe link provided in emails you receive from us.
SECTION 11 - Security of your Personal Data
We take the security of your Personal Data very seriously. We take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
We protect your data by using encryption techniques and we use other safeguards such as firewalls and password protection. This means that your data is protected and only accessible by co-workers who need it to carry out their job responsibilities. We also ensure that there are strict physical controls in our buildings which restricts access to your Personal Data to keep it safe.
SECTION 12 - Retention of your Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary for the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. This means that the retention periods will vary according to the type of the data and the reason that we have the data in the first place.
We have procedures in place regarding our retention periods which we keep under review taking into account our reasons for processing your personal data and the legal basis for doing so.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at email@example.com or by mail at the following address:
Dekko Interiors Ltd t/a Dekko Interiors Accessories
6 Mulberry Place
Tel. 020 8294 2077